Born and raised in Jasper National Park, Ethan studied at the University of Wisconsin-Superior where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science while playing NCAA hockey. He then attended law school at the University of Alberta. Ethan articled at a full-service law firm in Calgary and Edmonton, balancing a wide array of solicitor and litigation work.
Ethan has come to Vernon to be closer to his Okanagan family. Ethan now joins Nixon Wenger and the civil litigation team where his strong work ethic and skills are focused on finding practical solutions which benefit his clients. He continues his practice that focuses on the education of sporting groups, universities and education districts regarding issues pertaining to sexual assault and consent.
Education and Interests
- Juris Doctor – University of Alberta 2021
- Bachelors of Science in Political Science and Gender Studies – University of Wisconsin-Superior, Graduated Summa Cum Laude; Deans List
- Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference All-Academic Team, 2015-2017
- Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference All-Academic Team 2014-2015
Professional and Civic Interests
- Arts Council of the North Okanagan – Board Member
“When requiring legal services its most often a hard road to navigate, I want to recommend Ethan Wood, he handled my affairs not only professionally but compassionately, striving to get the desired outcome. He want above and beyond, explaining and answering my questions every step of the way, 5 stars Ethan thank you again.”
– Dan R.