Jonathan is a partner at Nixon Wenger LLP. He represents a wide variety of corporate and individual clients with respect to business transactions, lending and financing, business arrangements and succession planning.
Jonathan enjoys the variety and the challenges that the practice of law brings. Every client has different goals, issues and priorities and Jonathan works hard to understand each of these.
Jonathan has been named a Thomson Reuters Stand-Out Lawyer (formerly Acritas Star) since 2018.
Jonathan has advised clients on all matters of business transactions including asset and share purchases and sales, amalgamations, corporate reorganizations, and various business arrangements. Jonathan has also assisted clients with many other forms of agreements including preparing and reviewing commercial leases, distribution agreements, sales agreements, consulting agreements, licensing agreements and services agreements.
Lending & Financing
Jonathan has acted for institutional lenders and private lenders as well as borrowers of all sizes. In acting for lenders he has assisted clients with conventional loans, convertible loans, the issuance of warrants, and securing loans with SR&ED claim. On the borrowing side, Jonathan has assisted clients with borrowing to purchase new businesses, refinancing and equipment financing.
Jonathan has advised clients on all matters of business associations, as well as the creation and implementation of shareholders agreements, partnership agreements and joint ventures.
Jonathan works with families to achieve their business succession planning goals. This includes working with families to identify concerns, objectives and solutions for the transition of business and wealth.
Education and Interests
- B.A. (With Honours) from the University of Victoria in 1996.
- Canadian Securities Course in 1999.
- LLB from the University of British Columbia in 2000.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2001.
Professional and Civic Interests
- Director of the Archway Society for Domestic Peace
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the British Columbia Law Society
- Member of Vernon Estate Planning Council
- Former Member of the Kalamalka Rotary Club
- Past President of the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director of the Downtown Vernon Association