Leanne has a general solicitor’s practice with an emphasis on business transactions, land development and wills and estates. Leanne also assists her clients with residential real estate matters as well as acting on behalf of both borrowers and lenders.
Leanne’s clients appreciate her ability to clearly communicate with them and to express complex legal issues in a readily understandable manner. This approach allows Leanne to serve her family and individual clients as effectively as her larger corporate clients.
Leanne has advised clients on a wide range of business transactions as well as assisted with contractual matters. She is well versed in asset and share purchases and sales, complex corporate and professional reorganizations involving family trusts and partnership agreements. Leanne also regularly assists clients with preparing commercial leases, distribution agreements and sales agreements.
Leanne has acted for clients in a wide range of subdivision and real estate developments. In particular, she has experience with numerous land developments in and around the Village of Lumby and the Spallumcheen/Armstrong area.
Leanne regularly prepares wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements and trusts on behalf of the her clients. Leanne also assists clients with obtaining grants of probate or letters of administration for both large and small estates.
Leanne has acted for individuals, families and investors in their purchase, sale and refinancing of residential real estate and also advises her clients with respect to related issues such as easements and statutory rights of way.
Leanne is widely experienced in many types of business associations, including incorporating companies, creating partnerships and assisting with joint ventures. She represents numerous medical, dental and real estate professionals in their corporate and estate planning matters. Leanne also regularly advises clients on shareholders agreements.
Leanne acts for institutional lenders, including banks and credit unions, as well as individual and corporate borrowers. She also actively advises numerous non profit organizations and charities.
Education and Interests
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology & Psychology) University of Manitoba in 1984.
- Juris Doctor from University of Manitoba in 1987.
- Called to the Manitoba Bar in 1988.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1990.
- Informational Brochure of Mental Health Resources for the Ministry of Health, Province of Manitoba.
- Promotional and Informational Content of Several Websites in the Agricultural Sector.
Professional and Civic Interests
- Director – Colour Me Canine Rescue Society
- Member – Horse Council of B.C.
- Foster care provider for rescue dogs
- Past Director of Community Futures Development Corporation of North Okanagan
- Former member of Trilakes Rotary Club
- Involved with the Lumby and District Chamber of Commerce
- Former President of the Vernon Bar Association
“Leanne has been our lawyer, for both personal and business matters for many years now. Her professional service in all of our legal matters has been exemplary. In the past few years my accountants have put forth some rather complicated requests of Leanne. Never was there a reluctance or resistance. Her “can do” attitude has been a pleasure to work with. I would, and do, recommend her to anyone seeking legal counsel.”