Ryan is a Partner at Nixon Wenger LLP. His practice is devoted to civil litigation with a focus on personal injury, property damage and insurance claims. Ryan has appeared in all court levels in British Columbia.
Ryan was recently named as one of Vernon’s “Top 20 Under 40”.
Ryan acts for insurers in a number of different areas including coverage disputes and third party liability defence for both personal injury and property claims.
Ryan defends Hospitals against claims of medical malpractice.
Ryan acts for injured parties, primarily as a result of motor vehicle accidents. Ryan has consistently delivered strong results for his clients through both mediated settlements and trials.
Education and Interests
- Bachelor of Arts degree (with distinction) from the University of Victoria in 2005
- Juris Doctor degree from the University of British Columbia in 2010
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2011
Professional and Civic Interests
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association – Insurance Law Section
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Chair, Board of Directors of the Okanagan Science Centre
- Goldie v. McLean/Kehler et al – Welder Was a Victim of Two Accidents
- Aarts-Chinyanta v. Binkey/Hayer/Stewart et al
- Brain injury claim resolves for more than $3,900,000.00 plus costs
- Major highway collision resolves for over $14,000,000 for infant girl
- Restaurant Owner Suffer Injuries, Resolves Claim for over $400,000.00
- Head On Accident Settled During Trial for $500,000.00
- Claim Settles Prior to Trial Date for $250,000.00
- BC Resident injured in Alberta Settles Claim for $250,000.00
- Claim Resolves for over $400,000.00 prior to Trial
- Jury Award Far Exceeds ICBC Offer
- Plantiff Awarded $670,000 in damages