Andrew practices a wide range of civil litigation with a twin focus on business or commercial disputes, including breach of contract and enforcement, and estate litigation, including wills variation claims, in-trust claims and other estate-related litigation.
Andrew has appeared in all court levels of British Columbia and before various tribunals. He has acted for clients in a variety of complex claims, representing companies, shareholders or shareholder groups, strata corporations, property owners and property owner groups, beneficiaries, estate executors and trustees. Andrew has been involved in debt collection and enforcement for both private and institutional lenders.
Andrew has appeared in many cases involving the disputed status of a beneficiary, disputed or missing estate assets, determinations of trusts, wills variations, wills rectification or curing, and many other estate claims. Andrew has been appointed by the Public Trustee to represent clients in a variety of estate-related matters, and has also represented private individuals in estate claims. Together with associate, Chris Hart, Andrew teaches estate litigation at the Thompson Rivers University School of Law.
Education and Interests
- BA from the University of Victoria in 1993.
- LLB from the University of British Columbia in 1997.
- Law Clerk at the British Columbia Court of Appeal 1998.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1999.
Professional and Civic Interests
- Member of the Vernon Bar Association
- Member of the BC Trial Lawyers Association
- President of the Vernon Art Gallery
- Member of the Society for Injured Riders
- Elected Representative of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch) provincial council
- Past Director of the BC Liberal Constituency Association for the Okanagan-Monashee
- Past Director of the Vernon Performing Arts Centre
- Past Director of the Greater Vernon Chamber of Commerce